Kugti Pass – a trek with Gaddi
Kugti Pass- a trek with Gaddis
Route : Delhi - Amritsar - chamba - Bharmour - Kugti pass - Rohtang - Manali - Rewalsar - Chandigarh
Total Duration : 09 Nights / 10 Days
Gaddis are a semi-nomadic sheep hearding tribe of Himachal Pradesh. During this trek we follow the same trail that Gaddis go with their flock of sheep and goats during the month of June and July.
Days on Trek: 05 Nights / 06 Days
Maximum Elevation: 5040 Meters Above sea Level
Starting Point of the Trek: Bharmaur in Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh.
Best time: July to September
Highlights: High Himalayan peaks,tribal villages, Himalayan bird and wildlife, Glacier walking, Green Pattan valley of Lahul
Gaddis are a semi-nomadic sheep hearding tribe of Himachal Pradesh. They lead an interesting and adventurous life. Each year a Gaddi Shepherd with his big heard of sheep and goats start his journey from the lowlands of Kangra valley and nearby Punjab plains to to Lahul & Spiti crossing over high mountain passes. After spending few summer months up in the mountains of Lahul valley he start his return journey on the same route in the month of September and before the onset of winter arrive back to the plains. During this entire journey each full of adventure and challenges.
Gaddis are strong believer in Lord Shiva and live in perfect harmony with nature. During this trek we follow the same trail that Gaddis go with their flock of sheep and goats during the month of June and July.
Preview of the Trek
- Day 01: Delhi- Amritsar
- Day 02: Amritsar- Chamba 6 hours drive
- Day 03: Chamba - Chatrari - Bharmaur - Dharol 5/6 hour drive
- Day 04: Dharol - Kugti Village 7 kms, 3 hours walk
- Day 04: Kugti Vilage to Duggi(3200 M) 12 kms
- Day 05: Duggi to Lahes ( 4000 M) 11 kms, 5 hours walk
- Day 06: Lahes - Kugti Pass(5040 M) - Khurlu (3900 M)
- Day 07: Khurlu - Rapey - Tandi
- Day 08: Tandi - Rohtang Pass - Manali 5 hours drive
- Day 09: Manali - Rewalsar 5 hours drive
- Day 10: Rewalsar - Chandigarh - Delhi 6 hours drive