Triund trek is the crown jewel of dharamshala , situated in the laps of dhauladhar mountains, it has the perfect view of the dhauladhar mountains on one side and Kangra valley on the other .Triund trek can be described as a tranquil trek which can be easily accomplished by almost all age groups . Triund has an unambiguous byway which goes through a beautiful mixed forest of oak, deodar and rhododendron . Trek is fairly easy for the first five kilo-meters but the last one kilo-meter may require a bit of toil , the last one kilo-meter is popularly know as the “22 curves” as it has 22 tiring curves before you finally reach Triund . The traipse is worth it as the panorama when you reach triund is awe-inspiring and exhilarating .Triund is come-at-able for most part of the year except for when the byway to triund is cut off by heavy snowfall in the months of January and February .
Total Duration of the trip: 02 Days
Days on Trek: 01Night / 02 Days
Maximum Elevation: 2875 Meters Above sea Level
Starting Point of the Trek: Mcleod Ganj (Upper Dharamsala)
Best time: March to December
Preview of the Triund Trek
- Day 01: Arrive Dharamsala
- Day 02: On Trek. Bhagsu Nag-Triund(2875 M) 9 kms walk
- Day 03: Triund-Triund-Bhagsu Nag 9 kms
BEST TIME FOR TRIUND TREK
Triund trek is come-at-able for most part of the year except for when the byway to triund is cut off by heavy snowfall in the months of january and february . The best time for trekking is from March till May in first part of the year and September till December in the second half of the year. Though it is rainy in June and July but still trekking is possible ,the meadow is lush green presenting out of this world vista.
HOW TO REACH FOR TRIUND TREK
The starting point of triund trek is galu temple , however there are many options to reach galu. Either you can hire a taxi from Mcleod Ganj till galu temple or you can start the trek right from Mcleod Ganj . Trek can also be started from Bhagsu Nag via bhagsunag waterfall . From galu there is an unambiguous byway which goes through a beautiful forest of oak, deodar and rhododendron.
FAQ'S ABOUT TRIUND TREK
- HOW LONG IS TRIUND TREK ? triund trek is 9kms one way so 18kms in total
- IS CAMPING BANNED AT TRIUND ? no camping is not banned at triund , camping on forest land without permission is prohibited however there are a lot of private camping areas at triund and a triund mountain lodge .
- Is there network in triund ? the cellular network at triund is not very good there are a few spots where you can get the network to make emergency calls .
CHECK OUT THE TREK VIDEO AT : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2zAr8t_OdM&t=2s