Parangla Pass Trek
Parangla Pass Trek (Spiti to Ladakh)
Route : Delhi - Manali - Kaza - Parangla - Rachu Lamo - Korzok - Leh - Delhi
Total Duration : 16 Nights / 17 Days
An ancient trade route between Spiti region of Himachal and Changthang plains of Ladakh and the neighbouring Tibet. The trek begins in Spiti valley and crossing over Prang La into ladakh
Days on Trek: 08 Days
Maximum Elevation: 5600 Meters Above sea Level
Starting Point of the Trek: Kibber in Spiti Valley
Best time: July & August
Highlights: High Himalayan pass, high altitude Tsomorori Lake, dry cold dessert of Spiti valley, Himalayan wildlife, rare species of birds, pastoral nomadic tribe.
The trail follows the ancient trade route between Spiti region of Himachal and Changthang plains of Ladakh and the neighbouring Tibet. The trek begins in spiti valley of Himachal Pradesh and crossing over Prang La (5600M) we enter into the Chang Thang high altitude plains an extention of Tibetan Plateau into ladakh and ends at Tso Moriri, a high altitude lake(4300 M) which is 27 kms long and 8 kms wide.
Before starting the trek we spend few days for acclization in Spiti are where we visit some of the most ancient Buddhist monasteries and remote village.
Preview of the Trek
- Day 01: Delhi - Nalagarh 7 to 8 Hours drive
- Day 02: Nalagarh - Manali 8 Hours drive
- Day 03: Manali
- Day 04: Manali - Kaza (3500M) 9/10 Hours drive
- Day 05: Kaza
- Day 06: Kaza-Ki - Kibber - Dumla
- Day 07: Dumla to Thaltak (4560 M) 5/6 hours walk
- Day 08: Thaltak to Base of Parang-La (4900M) 6 hours walk
- Day 09: Parang-La Base - Parang-La (5600 M) - Largyup(4930M) 8/9 Hours walk
- Day 10: Largyup to Rachu Lamo (4580 M)
- Day 11: Rachu Lamo to Norbu Sumdo (4300 M)
- Day 12: Norbu Sumod to South of Tso Moriri (4450M)
- Day 13: South of Tso-Moriri to Korzok (4250 M). 6 hours walk
- Day 14: Korzok-Leh 8/9 Hours drive
- Day 15: Leh
- Day 16: Leh
- Day 17: Leh - Delhi.