Route : Delhi - Dharamshala - Bir Billing - Thamsar - Barabhangal - Kalihani pass - Manali - Delhi
Total Duration : 15 Nights / 16 Days
Bara Bhangal is one of the most remote villages of Himachal Pradesh. There is no road approach to this village and people of the village have to walk over high mountain passes.
Days on Trek: 12
Maximum Elevation: 4800 Meters Above sea Level
Starting Point of the Trek: Manikaran in Kullu valley
Best time: 15 June to 15 October
Highlights: High Himalayan pass, high altitude Mantalai lake, dry cold dessert of Spiti valley, Himalayan wildlife.
Bara bhangal is one of the most remote villages of Himachal Pradesh. There is no road approach to this village and people of the village have to walk over high mountain pass for three to four days to reach the nearest road-head. People live here throughout the year with only few people migrating to the plains during the winter time.
The village remain cut off from outside world for almost six months in a year and it is only accessible from June to October when Thamsar Pass is open. During this trek we cross over two high mountain passes and come across only one village and rest of the days we walk in the wilderness on high alpine pastures.
preview of the Trek
- Day 01: Delhi - Jalandhar - Dharamsala
- Day 02: Dharamsala.
- Day 03: Dharamsala - Bir Billing(2350M) 2 hours drive and 4 Hours walk.
- Day 04: Billing to Rajgunda (2640M) 13 kms, 5 hours walk
- Day 05: Rajgunda to Plachak (2920 M), 09 kms
- Day 06: Plachak to Paniharthu (3750 M), 12 kms, 5 to 6 hours walk
- Day 07: Paniharthu - Thamsar Pass (4800M)-Marhu (4150M)
- Day 08: Marhu - Barabhangal Village (2450 M) 8 kms
- Day 09: Barabhangal Village to Suni Got(3500M), 14 kms, 6/7 Hours walk
- Day 10: Suni got to Lambaparh (3715 M)14 kms, 6 Hours walk
- Day 11: Lambaparh to Devi Marhi (4230M) 11 kms
- Day 12: Devi Marhi - Kalihani Pass (4800M)- Sanghur Got 14 kms, 7 to 8 Hours walk
- Day 13: Shanghur Got to Lambadugh (2600 M), 16 kms, 6 hours walk
- Day 14: Lambadugh - Manali 12 kms, 4 hours walk
- Day 15: Manali
- Day 16: Manali-Delhi